I bought tapioca flour just to try this recipe, and I’m so happy I did. With a love of tortilla wraps, I was really missing the flour tortillas that I used for so many favorite recipes. But now I’ve found a non-grain, Paleo version. Yay! Eating healthier means I miss out on some old favorites, so if I can find a replacement recipe I am a happy lady.
Note that I do not use cheese often and, when I do, I use only a little. It is more like a treat, and one I will likely be cutting out completely.
2 almond flour tortillas (I use this recipe from Paleocupboard.com.)
1 tomato slice, diced
2 cucumber slices, diced
6 shrimp scampi (I use the scampi recipe from Paleoplan.com.)
mozzarella cheese, shredded (optional)
mild cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Place the tortillas on a plate.
- Spread shredded lettuce over each tortilla.
- Top with the other vegetables.
- Place three shrimp on each tortilla.
- Top with just a little of each shredded cheese.
- Almond and tapioca flours do not come cheap. Shop around online and off for the best deals.
- Buy whatever vegetables you like that can be found on sale, to save money.
- Serve this with a Sun Tea Recipe for One.
You May Also Enjoy