The napkins will add a decorative touch to any holiday table, as well as to every day settings, and will go with the Pumpkin Placemats we made a couple of weeks back. These can be made or decorated with minimal effort and time, and will add a certain charm to the decor. The napkins can be created with pre-made placemats, if desired, making it an even easier project.
napkins, premade or homemade (Choose an off white color.)
fabric paints: orange, and green or brown for the stem
2 paint brush
- Wash and dry the napkins. Iron if needed.
- Put paints on parchment paper squares.
- Use the stencil to paint the pumpkin onto the napkins.
- Allow to dry thoroughly before using.
- It is okay to use more than 1 size pumpkin stencil per napkin, to create a pumpkin patch, pumpkin grouping, or whatever you desire.
- You could use different shades of the same color paints on the mats.
- Get creative: Outline the napkins with another autumn color paint, create a grouping of mini pumpkins placed to the side of a tree, etc.
- Use these napkins for every day table settings, or for holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving.
- These can also be used for Samhain.
- Use cotton fabric.
- This craft is easy for children to help with.
Share your pumpkin crafts with us in the comments.