This project is a great accompaniment for autumn place settings, and can be placed on the dinner or picnic table with the place settings. They are affordable to make, as you can often find bags of tea light candles for a couple of dollars, and the apples can usually be purchased fairly cheap.
knife and spoon
tea light or votive candles, scented if desired
- Using the knife and the spoon, scoop out the center of the apple from the top. Discard the seeds. Cut down only far and wide enough for a candle to fit in snugly.
- Wipe the apple with a cloth.
- Insert the candle.
- Use apples from your own orchard to save money.
- Look for candles at the dollar store for extra money savings.
- Place these candle holders on the holiday table, or on stands as part of the overall decor.
- These can be used for any autumn day, but are especially wonderful additions to Halloween and Thanksgiving settings.
- These are also great for Samhain.
- Create a centerpiece with these by placing them on a plate or in a baking dish. Strew autumn leaves, pine cones and acorns in the bottom of the dish, add the apple candle holders, and then place the arrangement on the table.
Enjoy the autumn holidays! Do you have any apple craft ideas? Please post them to the comments.