How to Make Pumpkin Bowls:
1 small-sized pumpkin per person
- Wash the pumpkins and allow the outsides to dry thoroughly.
- Cut the top off each pumpkin, just like you were going to carve it. Take the pumpkin strands and seeds off.
- Reserve the top to use as a cover for the bowl.
- Reserve the seeds for roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Scoop some of the pumpkin out to use in soups, but leave enough so the bowl will be sturdy while the soup is in it. Leave the pumpkin outside intact with no areas that are too thin.
- Grow your own pumpkins to save money.
- Use your spoon to scoop pumpkin from the insides as you eat the soup. This is still edible.
- Roast those pumpkin seeds!
- Soups are healthy, and adding a side salad will give more of a nutritional punch.
What types of soups can be put into these Pumpkin Bowls? Any type of vegetable based soup will do. Look around this blog and see what interests you.