If you’re lucky you wont need to buy anything extra for this, making it a very frugal meal indeed. Children who can use an oven by themselves will find this easy. Younger children can put the casserole together for you to bake.
To make this recipe even easier, prepare it when cleaning up after the Thanksgiving meal, and pop it in the oven the next day. You could also put it in the freezer.
leftover mashed potatoes (any kind)
- Put 1/4 cup water in a baking dish.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with bite size pieces of turkey.
- Cover the turkey with leftover vegetables.
- Cover the vegetables with mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 350* until warmed through.
- Squash could be used in place of the potato.
- If there are varying tastes, or not enough potatoes to cover the casserole, top 1/3 with regular mashed potatoes, 1/3 with mashed sweet potato, and the last third with squash.
- Good served with paleo rolls and a harvest salad.