(Update 2017) As you can probably tell, I’ve spent some time this year experimenting with and trying out new versions of recipes. I’ve changed them here on the blog to reflect how I am eating now.
For the most part, I’m keeping the recipes healthy. But you’ll notice a few family favorites here and there that are not necessarily the healthiest. There are just some things I don’t want to change. Not just yet anyway.
While the overall focus of the blog has become eating healthy on a budget, there are still some recipes here that aren’t really all that healthy – only because I make them for get-togethers and such. I trust each of you knows what is healthy for you.
This one is good as a snack, or as a movie night treat.
This recipe can be made with children who can either use a microwave or an oven.
Younger children will enjoy putting this together, if there is someone around who can pop them into the microwave or the oven.
tortilla chips (there are paleo versions)
shredded mozzarella cheese
shredded mild cheddar cheese
bite size pieces of leftover turkey
chopped kale or spinach
- Place chips on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Add chopped spinach or kale over the cheese.
- Sprinkle mild cheddar cheese over the greens.
- Add the turkey.
- Bake at 325* for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Try adding diced tomatoes.
- Use different cheese combinations to see what your favorite is.
- Serve with fruit water or tea.