Part of kitchen wizardry is decorating the table, especially at holidays and sabbats. Napkin rings allow you to add a little extra flair to the table. Different types of greenery and spices make decorating for Yule a simple, fragrant task. You can make these with real greenery to use once, or make them to last with fake greenery. For a non-wasteful sabbat, use fake greenery and store the napkin rings carefully after the sabbat is over. If you celebrate Christmas as well, as we do in our home, you can use these twice each year.
You will need:
(Materials for each napkin ring.)
2 cinnamon sticks
holly with berries
- Glue the holly leaves into a ring with a diameter between 1 and 1/2 inches. Be sure there are some berries on each ring.
- Glue 2 cinnamon sticks together under the greenery, so they form two straight sticks together or an X.
- OR place them over the greenery and glue the red berries to the center.
- Try different types of greenery.
- Tie a ribbon around the cinnamon sticks.
- Let older children, who can handle a glue gun, help with this project.