A while back I wrote a quick tip for you on growing your own herbs, but there are other ways you can save money on these delectable additions to meals. First, go through your pantry and see what you have. Make note of which herbs and spices you use the most of, and which you use very little of.
- Decide what items you can grow organically on a windowsill.
- Learn how to freeze and dry what you do grow.
- Figure out exactly what you have to buy, and find out where you can buy the organic versions affordably.
- Find others who also use only a little of the herbs and spices that you use little of. Are they willing to go in on the cost of those items with you and split them? Or maybe someone uses more than you do but would be willing to give you what you need at little cost.
- Or maybe your mom will be awesome and give you just what is required of those particular items, for the recipes you will be making ❤
Growing your own and going in on the cost with others can be huge money savers.
If you find you haven’t even opened something in the last year give it away and don’t bother getting it again.
While we want to save money in this area – and possibly save huge – it is also important that you buy or grow organically. By doing so, you will get top nutritional benefits. And the organic versions taste so much better!