Once in a while I have a chocolate craving. I find smoothies are a great way to take care of this. Making them thick and adding ice is also a nice treat. Doing so almost makes a smoothie seem like a milkshake.
I use organic ingredients when I can. They really do have superior flavor.
1/2 to 3/4 cup of coconut water
1 small handful of spinach or Romaine lettuce
1 small banana
6 medium size strawberries
3/4 of a kiwi
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of raw honey
- Put some ice into the blender along with everything except the coconut water.
- Blend until combined, adding a little coconut water at a time until the smoothie is the consistency you want.
- Pour into glasses, add a straw, and enjoy!
- Try using different lettuces and berries.
- Pour thickened shakes into a bowl and top with fruit, nuts, and coconut.
- Serve with a breakfast of bacon and eggs.