I love throwing whatever I have into the blender to see what happens. This is one of the food combinations I came up for a recent smoothie. Smoothie recipes are especially tasty, and certainly more healthy, when using organic foods. Feel free to use bits of leftover fruits and vegetables in this smoothie, as I have done with the kiwi.
1/2 to 1 cup of coconut water
small handful of a spinach or lettuce
1 small banana
3/4 of a peeled kiwi
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place all but the coconut water into a blender.
- Add 1/2 cup of coconut water.
- Blend until smooth, adding more coconut water if desired.
- Pour into tall glasses.
- Add a straw.
- Try adding a few slices of cucumber.
- Look for produce in-season to save money.
- Serve with a breakfast of Paleo pancakes and sausage.