Cucumbers are a great addition to most smoothies. Their water content is high, so you might not need as much milk in this recipe as you do in others. Use what greens are in season. You’ll save money if you grow them yourself. Use organic ingredients whenever you can.
This recipes uses leftover ingredients from other recipes. Another great way to save money and create less waste.
vanilla almond milk
1 handful of greens – kale, chard, baby spinach
10 cucumber slices
6 banana slices
5 watermelon chunks
- Place everything except the vanilla almond milk into a blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Add the vanilla almond milk a little at a time and blend, until the smoothie is at the desired consistency.
- Pour into a tall glass.
- Add a straw and enjoy!
- Save money by using leftovers, and by purchasing produce in season.
- Switch up ingredients for different flavors.
- Serve with breakfast or as a snack.