I wanted to do this last year, but never got around to it all. In all honesty, I got very bored with food prep and went for easy things to prepare. I’m now bored with all of that, and am looking to expand my winter menu.
So this year, I want to try to learn how to do a few new things.
- I want to expand my pizza options. I don’t want to go overboard with cheese, but I do like it once in a while. Pizza is one place where I just can’t let it go. This is why I don’t eat pizza often, haha. But I figure that, if I make my own, I have more control over how healthy it is. A nice paleo crust will be the base, then I’m going to play around a bit; come up with new options.
- Paleo versions of chicken or turkey pot pie. Small, single-serve ones because I have the cutest little Pioneer Woman mini pie pans I can use. (See the feature image!) I remember eating those little store-bought ones with my daughters when they were little.
- Paleo mini pies. Another excuse to use those cute little pie pans! And I miss pie.
- Mini paleo fruit cobblers and crumbles. And yet another reason to use them.
- Paleo bread. I have been craving tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I need a paleo bread recipe so I can have the sandwich. And, then I can make other things, such as French toast. Yum.
- Paleo English muffins. Maybe I’ll make breakfast sandwiches. Not sure yet.
- Paleo pasta. Because, well, I miss pasta sometimes.
What new things do you want to learn to make?