Finally bought myself a cheese board! I’ve been wanting to for a while now. At some point I want to have my daughters over for some family time, and this will be a big hit. Who wouldn’t want to share the deliciousness with loved ones?
I love that this board has a place to keep crackers separate from the other foods on each side. I also love that you don’t necessarily need to have cheese on the board, though this arrangement has two goat cheese dips I’m sure you will love. (I’ll be sharing links to a few of these dips below.)
The combinations of foods to be placed on a cheese board seem endless, and I promise you I will be trying many. I might even share some more with you here on the blog. I can’t wait to use this at future get-togethers with family and friends.
Try to use organic foods when possible. Rinse and dry produce before use.
NOTE: I prefer goat cheese over that made from cow’s milk. I have an intolerance to cow’s milk, and am so happy to have an alternative cheese. Regardless, I don’t eat cheese all the time. It’s a real treat for me.
Fruit & Vegetables Cheese Board
1 cucumber, sliced
1 apple, sliced
1 pear, sliced
1 or 2 carrots, cut into sticks
1 or 2 celery stocks, cut into sticks
1 orange, sectioned
pineapple chunks or tidbits
All you’re doing is placing the food onto the cheese board in a pleasing manner. You can use my photograph as a guide, and experiment.
- Use your favorite fruits and vegetables.
- Try different types of dips and sauces.
- Leave the peels on apples, pears, cucumbers, and the like, for added nutritional value.
- On rare occasion, I order Chinese from a restaurant near work. It’s not the healthiest, but it is convenient. Every time I order, they send me at least four of the spoons that are used in the photo. I finally found a good use for them!
- Make your own Paleo crackers. Use a recipe you find online. They will be healthier than traditional crackers.
- If it will be a bit before you eat, dip apple & pear slices in lemon juice for about 30 seconds.
- Growing grapes, celery, and carrots, or other fruits and vegetables, will save you a good deal of money.
- Cheese boards would be great for any celebration.
Enjoy your cheese board!