Kiwi is an extremely frugal fruit. You can often buy 3 or 4 for $1.00, and they can be used in many ways. Try them in a salad, for instance.
Kiwi has essential nutrients that will help you to maintain a balanced diet, including
- Vitamin C, and it will even provide the body with some needed vitamin E.
- It has necessary fiber.
Kiwi fruit has health benefits that make their purchase worth while, including
- Help with shortness of breath.
- Protection from free radicals, due to the antioxidants they provide.
- Help to protect you from colon cancer.
Kiwi can be used in a variety of ways. Why not try them in:
- Fresh squeezed Juice mixes.
- Fruit salads.
- Fruit pies or cobblers.
In what ways do you consume Kiwi?
The carrot can be purchased in a few different colors, including purple and white. It can be used in many ways, and will make interesting salad additions when using more than one color.
Carrots are packed full of important nutrients, including
- Vitamins A and C
- B vitamins
The carrot, regardless of its’ color, also has health benefits.
Some of the benefits of eating carrots
- Reduced risk of cancer.
- Protection against cardiovascular disease.
- Promotes good vision.
Adding carrots to your diet is important, and can be done in many ways
- Use it in stews and casseroles.
- Add it to salads.
- Make a boiled dinner using carrots.
- Or, roast them with potatoes.
In what ways do you use carrots?
A 2 Z of Health, Beauty and Fitness: Health Benefits of Carrots
Every Nutrient: Health Benefits of Carrots
By Sheila Buck
Watermelon is a tasty treat, especially on a hot summer day. This fruit is very good for the body. It helps to prevent some types of cancer, as well as, some other serious conditions.
Some health benefits of the watermelon
- Very high in vitamins A, B, and C
- High in the minerals potassium and magnesium
- Gives you energy
- Helps reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Reduces the risk of colon and prostate cancer
- Helps reduce the risk of rheumatoid arthritis
- Promotes good eye sight
- Helps prevent erectile dysfunction
Watermelon is very good for you. It is not expensive, and can usually be found at the local grocery store. You can buy it with or without seeds. Watermelon tastes good by itself, or with other fruits in a fruit salad.
Health Benefits of Watermelon
WH Foods: Watermelon
Sheila Buck is the single mom of two teenage boys. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Psychology. Sheila is a freelance writer, and also writes books and short stories in her spare time. Sheila also writes for Frugal is Fabulous!.