This is an easy recipe that can be served on a cold, autumn evening. Served in a pumpkin bowl, this recipe will add a decorative touch to the dinner table.
water and/or vegetable stock or broth
bite size cubes of pumpkin
bite size cubes of two different kinds of squash
bite size cubes of potato
bite size cubes of sweet potato
chunks of leftover turkey
1 or 2 cloves of fresh garlic
fresh or dried parsley
fresh or dried rosemary
- Pour the liquid into a pot, and add the pumpkin, squash, and potatoes, as well as the diced garlic.
- Allow to cook most of the way, then add the turkey.
- Add the parsley and some rosemary to taste.
- Pour into pumpkin bowls and serve.
- Purchase stock or broth on sale, as store brands.
- Better yet, make your own. This will save even more money.
- Use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving to save more money.
- Use organic herbs and produce from your garden for the ultimate savings.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds and sprinkle them over the stew once it is poured into the bowls.
- Serve with a fruit salad.
What autumn stews are favorites of your family?