I may have mentioned that I eat a lot of salads. They’re especially easy to make and pack for my work-weekend meals. I make a big salad, and split it between containers for work. I can easily grab a salad and munch on it in between my duties at work.
Having recently been asked, again, why I don’t put dressing on my salad, I thought I’d just tell you.
- I like the taste of food. I don’t really need to put dressing on a salad to make it taste good. I think it already does.
- I don’t want to consume the extra stuff that comes in dressing. Some of it isn’t really good for you anyway.
- I haven’t yet learned how to make my own in a healthy way, but I do plan to. I especially want to try a vinaigrette utilizing raspberries. I will eventually get to this.
- Salads don’t really need dressings. JMHO
These are the salads I was referring to in the Misfits Market 0/7/19 post I recently made. I am working on eating healthier when when working, and salads are helping me to make that switch.
- Rinse produce and lay everything out on a towel.
- Pat dry with a second towel.
- Rip the lettuce into chunks.
- Cut the vegetables into bite-size bits.
- Throw it all into a big bowl and mix it by hand.
- Distribute between lunch containers.
- Use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
- Use leftover bits of any vegetables to make a simple salad. It doesn’t always have to be made with whole veggies.
- Pack with other meal items such as pot roast and potatoes, or chili.
- Top with chicken to make it a meal of it’s own.