My basic Sausage & Apple One-Pan Meal has netted me four meals. Not bad. After the initial meal, I also made stuffed squash that is actually two meals for me, and then I had this meal that makes for a hearty breakfast.
I’ll tell you something. I had a $0.00 budget for groceries this week, so I am extremely grateful that I had the apples, potatoes, and garlic from previous Misfits Market shipments, and the squash from my parents garden. It was so helpful. I also had one last sausage in the freezer. The fact that those items, some oil, and seasonings made such wonderful meals warms my heart. With a few eggs in the refrigerator and the other items I still have available, I didn’t feel deprived at all.
It’s not every week that I have a $0.00 grocery budget, but it’s good to have things on hand when I do.
The leftovers for this recipe include potato, garlic, apple, sausage, and squash. Add an egg, and you have a tasty breakfast!
leftovers from the previous Apple & Sausage recipes
oil, butter, or ghee
1 or 2 eggs
seasonings of choice
- Heat oil, ghee, or butter in a skillet.
- Add the leftovers from the previous recipes.
- Stir and move the contents of the skillet to one side of the pan.
- Add more oil, ghee, or butter to the empty area of the skillet if needed, and crack and egg or two into that area.
- Allow the egg(s) to cook on one side, then flip.
- Stir the leftovers.
- Allow the egg(s) to cook on the second side.
- Remove eggs and plate them.
- Sprinkle seasonings over the leftovers, stir, and remove the skillet from the heat.
- Transfer the leftovers to the plate.
- This is a versatile recipe, meaning you can use leftovers from other meals.
- Use sales coupled with coupons to buy the eggs and meat when possible to save money.
- A windowsill herb garden will save money on the cost of organic herbs.
- When I have the ingredients on hand, I pair one-pan breakfast meals with a healthy smoothy for added nutrients.
Enjoy the recipe.