Fruit bowls are not difficult to make using a mid-size pumpkin, or even one a bit bigger. These bowls, once dried some, will hold the fresh fruit for your Thanksgiving feast.
fresh fruit, assorted varieties
wax/parchment paper, or a towel, or even a bowl if you have one that fits
Cut the top off the pumpkin and discard. Scoop the insides of the pumpkin out, reserving the seeds for roasting.
- Scrape some of the flesh out to use in cooking, being sure to leave enough so the pumpkin is sturdy enough to hold fresh fruit.
Allow to dry a few hours or over night.
- Place a bowl, wax or parchment paper, or even a towel, around the inside of the pumpkin so it covers the flesh.
Put the pumpkin where it will be displayed, and place the fruit inside.
- Grow your own pumpkins to save money.
- When you’re done with the bowl, scrape more of the pumpkin out and place in a pot with boiling water to freshen the air.
- Roast those pumpkin seeds!