Okay, I do like some vegetables cooked. Mainly things like peas and potatoes – of course, I like white potatoes raw as well as cooked. I’m aware that it is said to be, nutrient-wise, better to eat certain vegetables cooked, but I just can’t stomach most of them that way.
I can only eat carrots cooked if they are mashed in with white or sweet potato, or shredded into chili or meatloaf.
So, you see, I really am picky. But…
…I eat a lot of raw veggies. I do different things with them, so I’m not always eating the same things.
- I make veggie jars.
- I love salads.
- I make wraps, veggie and otherwise.
- I always get or make vegetable platters for parties.
- I have always loved stuffed celery. My sister makes it for me, stuffed with peanut butter, for get-togethers – because she loves me. I also like them stuffed with almond butter.
- I like to snack on raw cabbage. Just raw cabbage. Yum.
- Pickled beats are amazing.
- I like to add vegetables to smoothies. Not just greens. I’ve also put carrots, broccoli, celery, and cucumber in them. I’ll likely try other veggies in them as well.
- I like to add extra vegetables to meals as well, such as shredded sweet potato to meat loaf or chili. Or making a shepherd’s pie by layering beef or chicken, peas, white potato, sweet potato, and squash. Sometimes I use fruits and vegetables interchangeably. They’re both so good for you!
I am aware that some of my tactics are a form of manipulation, and I think it is funny that I can do that to myself successfully. What can I say? I am good! LOL
Are you a picky eater? How are you getting your vegetables in?