Placemats add a decorative touch to any holiday table, as well as to every day settings. They can be made or decorated with minimal effort and time, and will add a certain charm to the decor. These can be created with pre-made placemats, if desired, making it an even easier project.
placemats, premade or homemade (Choose an off white color.)
fabric paints: red and/or green
2 paint brushes
- Wash and dry the placemats. Iron if needed.
- Put paints on parchment paper squares.
- Use the stencil to paint the apple onto the placemat.
- Allow to dry thoroughly before using.
- It is okay to use more than 1 size apple stencil per placemat, to create a apple tree, an apple grouping, or whatever you desire.
- You could use different shades of the same base color paints on the mats.
- Get creative: Outline the placemats with another autumn color paint, paint an apple basket, or a bushel of apples, etc.
- Use these placemats for every day table settings, or for holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving.
- These can also be used for Samhain.
- Use cotton fabric.
- This craft is easy for children to help with.
Share your apple crafts with us in the comments.