A cheap meal when you don’t have a lot of ingredients on hand. This one is made in the slow cooker.
Any type of potato or squash you like. The key is to have an affordable meal.
Turkey Soup with Pineapple
Will keep in the refrigerator a couple of days, at least.
1/2 – l pound shredded turkey
1 large sweet potato
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, with liquid
3 cups water or vegetable stock.
- Place the first 4 ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with mint and cover.
- Cook on low 4 hours, or on high 3 hours.
- Save money buy using leftover turkey and homemade stock.
- Growing your own mint will also save you money.
- Serve this soup with a vegetable salad.